NASCAR Betting Props - Top 3 at the Sharpie 500
Race-time: 6:30 pm EST
Winning a NASCAR race is a special experience. After going through the Sprint Cup Driver’s List on the BetUS Sportsbook, I learned, once again, why it’s so difficult to win a Sprint Cup Race.
So, if it’s difficult to win a NASCAR race, then how difficult is it for gamblers to pick a winner in a NASCAR race? Maybe, it’s a good idea to bet drivers to finish in the Top 3.
Let’s take a look at some of the contenders to finish in the Top 3 in the Sharpie 500.
NASCAR: Sharpie 500 Top 3
- Tony Stewart +200 - - Smoke hasn’t had the greatest Bristol success but 5 top five finishes and an average finish of 7.7 in 2009 means that he most likely bounces back from the 17th place finish last week in the Carfax 400.
- Carl Edwards +225 - - Edwards is heating up. He won this race in 2008 and has moved his average finish in races in 2009 all the way to 12.8. Carl keeps moving up the Sprint Cup Standings and could do so again in this race.
- Jeff Gordon +225 - - A 10.9 average finish this year and 11 top five finishes at Bristol lifetime makes Gordon a terrific wager in this category. Jeff could really prove to be difficult to beat straight-up to win which means a top three finish, after his second in the Carfax 400 last week, is more than possible.
- Jimmie Johnson +300 - - Jimmie’s success at Bristol has been limited with only 3 top five finishes lifetime, but he was awful last week in the Carfax 400 and like the best drivers in NASCAR, could bounce back this Saturday. It’s always hard to bet against Jimmie Johnson. So, I won’t.
- Mark Martin +350 - - Martin needs to drive with some regard for placing this Saturday and not just try to win races. He’s won four but still finds himself barely making the Chase. That has to do with aggressiveness. If he can just keep himself together and not push to hard, then Martin could find himself in the Top 3 in this.
- Kyle Busch +200 - - If the odds were better, then the winner at Bristol earlier in 2009 would be an excellent bet in this category. Nothing has really gone right for Kyle since that victory it seems. Busch needs to find the mental strength to keep it together on Saturday and just fight for a good placing.
Best Long Shot
Juan Pablo Montoya +900 - - I made Jeff Burton my long shot pick to win the Sharpie 500, but Juan Pablo is the pick to finish in the Top 3. After a string of nice races, Juan Pablo didn’t do very well in the Carfax 400. He could sneak into the top 3 at Bristol, however, because he has that bounce back mentality. At the odds, he’s worth a look.
Guaranteed Sports Picks is your #1 source of free sports picks.